Tuesday, January 10, 2006

One has to start somewhere

Sooooo, a deep breath and here goes.

I was a writer by choice, education and profession, but ever since I became a newspaper reporter back in 1997, I have found it increasingly hard to write a journal. I switched from reporting to editing a few years ago, hoping that I could rejuvenate my ability to put thoughts onto paper--or failing that, on a blank screen. The process goes something like this: I think a whole bunch of things (profound, that!), wait for an opportunity to pop open a new page on MS Word, put my fingers on the keyboard and wait some more for the words to just start flowing and the fingers to start tapping. I stare at the blinking cursor. After a few minutes of staring blankly, I notice that the cursor is blinking in quite an accusatory fashion, as in "Why are you wasting my time?"

So why do I think I can write a blog? Darn it, one has to start somewhere. It might as well be here.

No comments: