Monday, October 15, 2007

Food for Thought

Got the middle name tag from Choxbox -- a week or so ago. Other than pregnancy-related somnolence, have also been suffering from besan-ladoo stuffiness. Yep, the in-laws have arrived, complete with besan ladoos all the way from Amritsar to feed their beloved ladoolike d-i-l. For those anywhere CLOSE to Amritsar or who've relatives there or happen to live a small train ride away (Delhiites?) -- I'd suggest you get to Kanhaya Lal's asap. Those dudes know their besan ladoos. I finished one whole box. Yep, one-whole-box. About 24 besan ladoos. In one week.

So what was I blogging about? Ah, middlename tag from Choxbox. Like most desis, my middle name's my dad's name, so am going with A Muser instead.

A -- Amritsar! Did I mention besan ladoos?
M -- Mumbai. City of my dreams. Land of hogging chocolate mousse at Pot Pourri, idli/sambar at Kamat's or Satkar's, beers at Toto's, dal pakwaan (on Sundays) at Khar Gym, bhelpuri at Pali Hill, mutton rolls at Andora's and Candies, crabs at Mahesh Lunch Home, manchow soup at Sampan (in my opinion the best Chinese joint in town), masala milk at Anando's, frankies in Linking Road. Dang, this can be a post by itself.
U -- Should get off the food topic, huh. OK, U is for Unkind, Unjust, Uncouth, Undignified behavior. The four deadly sins in my bible.
S -- Sense of humor! One of the things I like about myself is my ability to be easily a-mused. But I don't find ethnic jokes amusing. Really.
E -- Elegance. That so not describes my mussed hair, jeans and t-shirt self. But I will start trying, oh, in another five years or so, and hum honge kamyaab ek din.
R -- Rock 'n' roll! Dancing the night away's among my top 2 favorite ways of spending the night. ;)))

Am not tagging anyone because almost all my favorite fellowbloggers have already done this tag! Amodini, hope to get to your tag soon!

3 comments:

Choxbox said...

so identify with E! :)

good to know reinforcements have arrived and you are hogging laddoos.

Unknown said...

Was in Amritsar recently - had loads of rabri, lassi and pinni - I loved the pinni ,
Take care and eat lots of laddoos . Safe delivery in case the stork comes quicker than you expected !

A Muser said...

Thanks, Choxbox and Eve's Lungs! Reinforcements have indeed arrived. Today's Special: Kada/chane (sooji halwa and chick peas). :))))