Friday, January 09, 2009

This Tag's in the Bag, Ana!

OK, Ana of Thinking Cramps (check blogroll) had tagged me ages ago, and I promised her that this would be my first tag in 2009. So here goes:

My oldest memory: Waiting up for my parents to come home from a party, so I could complain to them about my leg hurting and they'd give me medicine and tuck me in between them. Bliss!

Ten years ago: Oh man. I was 24. First reporting job in Nowhere, Indiana. No desis in sight. Stressing about getting an H1 work visa, so I could continue working in the US and stay close to my then-boyfriend (now husband) who I'd see over the weekend. Stressing about living within my practically non-existent income. A burger in McDonald's was a once-a-week treat. The good old days. Maybe, maybe not.

My first thought this morning: Dang, is Rohan up already?

If you built a time capsule what would it contain: Dental floss. Someone would need it.

This year: Raina will go to kindergarten. Amazing.

14 years from now: Both my kids will be teenagers. Kill me now and get it over with!

Tagging: Nobody. Most folks get grumpy when I tag them. And those who don't have done this anyways. Cheers!

8 comments:

Mamma mia! Me a mamma? said...

Enoyed reading this!

Unknown said...

Poor you . I tagged you again :P. Somehow when you get to where I am now, you miss the days when you had to struggle. I liked that bit .

A Muser said...

Thanks, MM!
EL, maybe I need to be older to appreciate it more. It certainly was character-building. But it was also a lonely time for me. Will check out the tag!

Choxbox said...

Nice!

Thinking Cramps said...

Heh heh..thanks for doing this at last! This was fun to read.

A Muser said...

Thanks, ladies!

dipali said...

This was so cute!

A Muser said...

Thanks, Dipali!