Thursday, June 09, 2011

Webster: A Book Review

Was reading a book tonight to the littlest right before bedtime: Webster, the Littlest Frog. It's about this tiny frog who is always by himself because none of the bigger frogs will let him play. "Scram, shorty!" says one nasty frog. Of course, all ends well with the littlest frog showing the bullies that he may be small, but he's smart.

So Rohan, now having become an angry young man who uses fists first and asks questions later, says, "He should just hit the big frog under the water."

"No hitting, Rohan," I frown. "That's not nice."

"Then he should just kick him," Rohan says.

"No, Rohan! Kicking's not nice either!"

"Then he should just kill him," says my 3-year-old, obviously oblivious to the message here.

"Rohan, no!" I say desperately. "If we want to make friends, we should use our words, not our hands!"

"But if we don't want to make friends, then we shouldn't use words," Mr. Logic replies.

Aargh!

6 comments:

dipali said...

Ouch:(

A Muser said...

*Sigh

AMODINI said...

Well, kids have a unique viewpoint, and their logic is not the same as our logic, as I've found out :-)

Meanwhile I've moved my movie blog from blogger to the one below :

http://film.fridaynirvana.com

I'd appreciate it if you could change the link in your blogroll.

A Muser said...

I sure will, Amodini. Thanks for stopping by!

ThreeLittleSpuds said...

Nice blog!
Am new to the mommy blogging space (my kid is only 7mos old), but looking forward to reading more of your experiences.

A Muser said...

Thanks for stopping by, DesiMom, and welcome to the world of blogging! Look forward to reading about your experiences.