Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Happy 2007 (And More NY Resolutions)

Woohoo! I feel super-relaxed and blissed out and ready to take on anything and everything a new year will shove on me. I loved this vacation -- lots of warm, sunny days in neighboring parks and beaches, day trips to Palm Desert and Coronado, visiting and having visitors, and parties with good food and singing and dancing, wine-tasting and wine-chugging, reading and napping... lovely!

More new year resolutions (surely one can make them all January?):

1. Have Baby No. 2. The procreation plan's been on since last year, but I had a miscarriage, so it was temporarily shelved. We're all hoping 2007 will be more fruitful.

2. Brush Pikey The Cat's teeth. I know, I know, it's not even close in importance to Res. 1, but it really, really needs to be done. It's crazy how much we pay in health insurance for that monster, just because it includes dental cleaning under general anesthesia twice a year. I kid you not. We actually began bathing her once a month in 2006 -- once a seemingly impossible task -- so it's important to have a can-do attitude towards cleaning her teeth. I will it, so it shall be done.

3. Encourage the husband in growing a goatee. I've been urging him to have some facial hair for years and years, and now it's actually happening! Very exciting to see this new man emerge. OK, I am easily pleased.

A more immediate resolution: Coddle Pikey, so we win the national championship! Go Buckeyes, blow off the Gators! A happy new year to all!

No comments: