Saturday, September 08, 2007

Crazy Me

So I've been tagged by Choxbox aka Namvor (who just began her blog -- congratulations! -- choxbox.blogspot.com) to put down five eccentricities or five reasons why those who know me think I am stark raving nuts and belong in a loony bin. Hmmm, shouldn't be too hard. Here goes:

1. I am the quintessential bookworm. What free time I have, I spend with my nose in a book. I have books on my kitchen counter, dining table, coffee table, all the bedrooms and bathrooms in the house, and some even on the bookshelves. All of which I am presently reading. And if I don't reply to a question, the people in my house have realized that it's because I am daydreaming about a book or several that I am in the process of devouring. My husband opines I am heading towards blindness, but if that ever happens all I can say is, thank goodness for audio books!

2. I HATE talking on the phone. It doesn't matter who's on the other end -- my parents, in-laws, best friends -- I try to keep the conversations short. It's out of a sense of duty that I call my parents every weekend. (And then my mom calls me once during the week.) My best friends know better than to expect a call from me. If I do happen to call, they baldly ask, "Is it my birthday?" (I do call on birthdays.)

3. I don't notice dirt -- either in my house or in other people's homes. It drives my finicky husband crazy that I don't notice the former; my friends love me for never noticing the latter.

4. On the other hand, I always notice a misspelled word in books, newspapers, hoardings, pamphlets. There should've been spelling bees in India, I swear I would have won every single year. OK, maybe at least once.

5. I talk in a sing-song fashion in a voice that's so sweet, it'd give any healthy person diabetes. It's really awful. I wouldn't believe it if I wouldn't have heard myself with my own ears. I also tend to smile at perfect strangers. In fact, I am usually smiling all the time. Loony, see?

That's my five. Would love to tag the usual suspects: Terri's mom, Rads, Mystic Margarita, Cee Kay and Crazy Mumma.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol, the last 3 could very well be me! :)

alrighty, shall do, this one's easy! "D

Anonymous said...

a muser:

me too on #2 and #4. used to be #1 long ago. #3 - i don't know what exactly to say. i know that i am too lazy :-); don't know whether that means i don't notice dirt or that i choose to co-exist.

- s.b.

Terri the terrific said...

muser, if they had spelling bees in India, we would've surely met in the finals.

I'm not good on the phone, either. But at least I have a nasal, lethargic-sounding voice as an excuse. What's yours? :)

Choxbox said...

thanks for taking up the tag muser!
you arent at all weird if you ask me. well i dont get the not-talking-on-the-phone but then maybe i am weird (i can see everyone in my family vigorously nodding their heads to that!)

A Muser said...

Rads, thanks for taking it up!
s.b., you discovered my secret about #3. Dang!
Terri, how about my #5 as an excuse? I desperately need a new one.
Choxbox, yeah, I thought you wouldn't get the not talking on the phone one since you'd mentioned you love to yak away. :) I think there are more people like you in this world than me. Which makes me weirder. :))

Squiggles Mom said...

Audio Books *chuckles*

I notice dirt everywhere.. even where it isn't.

A Muser said...

Hehehee, squiggles mom! Maybe you should take up the tag...

rads said...

alrighty! It's done! :)